Diabetes Fiji Inc. was formed and registered as a Charitable Trust in July 2012. It was founded to fill the vacuum, which had existed after the demise of its predecessor, the National Diabetes Foundation of Fiji, which was established in 1981. DFI is a member of International Diabetes Federation (IDF), whose mission is to promote diabetes care, prevention and cure worldwide. The Federation is engaged in action to tackle diabetes from local to global levels- from programs at community levelRead More
This year, through the launching of our Strategic Plan 2020 – 2030, Diabetes Fiji Inc. (DFI) presents a reviewed Vision, Mission, and Values of DFI which cascade from the values of the Ministry of Health and Medical Services.
Diabetes in better hands
To steer Fiji’s national solidarity in combating Diabetes.
- Respect for Human Dignity
- Customer FocusKey Focus Areas:
- Encourage policy makers at the highest level to help create conducive environments for controlling diabetes.
- Empower people with diabetes or at risk of diabetes with knowledge and other resources to manage & control their conditions.
- Create awareness amongst caregivers, relatives, friends, and the larger community to provide the needed support for people with diabetes.
- Strengthen health care systems to provide appropriate, affordable and sustainable services to people with diabetes.
- Educate communities on risk factors.
- Advocate for healthier lifestyles to reduce the prevalence for diabetes and act as an advocate for the general diabetes community.